Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Cats, Quotes And Soup

Yesterday I had planned to do some crafting and some house keeping, but I woke up with a terrible headache/migraine. My GP has told me I am suffering from migraines, but cant offer a cure. If you have had them, you will know how devastating that news is. Some how or other though, we managed a little bit of crafting and a little bit of home cooking for nutritional healing.

Little O and I painted up some wooden cats which I have had for ages, but have kept on a shelf covered in dust, because I didn't like the colour.


They were actually more burgundy than red in real life. We painted them with some acrylic paint and turned them in to 3 little black cats.


Now they have a place on top of the piano holding some inspirational quotes.




The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller




The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The
woman existed, but the mother is something absolutely new.
Rajneesh




Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
From the Sanskrit


While the little lucky cats were drying we made some soup. I don't know about anyone else but I never use a recipe for soup. It normally evolves by itself, a mix of the ingredients available and instinct. I always always have onion and garlic thought because they are so good for you. The stronger the flavor the more powerful they are. Part of the Allium family garlic and onion are known to be natural anti-biotics, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. They can aid in clearing your digestive tract and boost your immune system. Powerful little bulbs indeed.
Todays soup was a mix of veg with some chilli and pasata for rosiness. I also threw in a handful of thin noodles at the end for some extra texture. Had I know we would find a live worm on the kitchen floor later (brought in by the real cat), I may have left the noodles out for today.



May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment